ACTION (Alliance for Congregational Transformation Influencing Our Neighborhoods)
ACTION is a faith-based regional organization of leaders and congregations from across the Mahoning Valley who work together to “stand firm and take action” against injustice in our community.
If you are interested in joining, please call the rectory office (330) 743-1109.
Parish Pastoral Council
The planning, reports, and programs of the Parish Pastoral Council and the parish committees shall flow from our Parish Mission Statement:
As a multi-cultural parish family, St. Patrick’s is dedicated to enriching the spiritual life of our community through faith in Christ and the Eucharist. We are a welcoming sign of permanence amidst a neighborhood of change, striving to provide love, trust, and support to all.
Parish Pastoral Council meets the second Tuesday of each month from September to June.
The committees that provide assistance and support to the Parish Pastoral Council and their purposes are as follows:
- Parish Life – To create a welcoming environment that will enhance our appreciation for one another and our celebrations. To provide various opportunities for socialization and celebration.
- Christian Education – To offer educational programs that will support individuals and families in their faith commitment.
- Spiritual Life Ministry – To encourage the full participation of the parishioners in other spiritual growth opportunities and to make these opportunities abundant and convenient for all.
- Christian Service – To extend the love and support of the church community to those in need. To work for improvement in our neighborhood and in the civic community.
- Parish Finance Council – To monitor the finances of the parish and make recommendations regarding major expenditures.
Parish Finance Council
along with Parish Pastoral Council and the parish at large have initiated a capital campaign for the following items:
- Preservation Fund – $200,000
- Heating upgrade for church and social hall: $200,000
- Evangelization co-ordinator: $90,000
- South side steps replaced: $15,000
- Parking lot repair and re-sealing/new bumper guards: $22,000
- Organ upgrades: $30,000
- Main stained glass window: $80,000
- North stained glass windows: $185,000
- New phone and computer system: $25,000
- Church side doors restored: $10,000
- LED outside lighting on church: $18,000
St. Vincent DePaul
St. Vincent DePaul Society organizes collections and food vouchers for the needy; and handles requests for furniture, etc. For more information, please contact the rectory.
Altar Guild is a group that supports the sacristy and liturgical needs of the church and plans parish fundraisers. For information, contact the rectory office.
Catholic Charities Regional Agency
Please visit their website at http://www.ccregional.org