Welcome to Confirmation!
Important reminders for the 2020 Confirmation Class!
1. Thank you for your patience as we have worked through the planning and changes for your celebration.
2. Please be at Church by 12:45 pm on Sunday July 26. You will have a designated pew for your immediate family and sponsor. Your extended family will be in assigned pews as well.
3. We are asking everyone to follow the parish guidelines for Mass: everyone must wear a mask, only members of the SAME household may sit together. Extended family will be invited to sit in other pews, 6 feet apart. Be sure to take your temperature before leaving home. If it is above 100 F, call Marcy and do NOT come to Mass! This is also for everyone, please.
4. At the time of Confirmation, you and your sponsor will be sent to Fr. Peters. When you approach Fr. Peters, be sure to say your Confirmation name loud and clear. He will anoint you with an individual cotton ball dipped in Chrism, as he says "Be sealed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit." Your response is "AMEN." Then Fr. Peters will offer you a gesture of peace ("Peace be with you.") Acknowledge Fr. Peters with a wave or a head nod and respond, "And with your Spirit." Return to your seat.
5. Your sponsor should have his or her hand on your shoulder: right hand, right shoulder. Be sure your shoulders are covered so your sponsor is only touching clothing!
6. There will not be group photos this year. Any pictures should be taken outside of Church. If you desire a picture during Mass, one person, per family, at a time is permitted to stand by the Mary statue in the sanctuary. Please be mindful of 6 feet safe distancing if you are taking a picture.
7. At Communion, please follow the directions of the ushers. This includes sanitizing your hands and when to remove your mask.
8. After Mass, please be sure to leave the building quickly to allow us to sanitize the Church. There is no visiting or pictures in Church after Mass.
9. If you have any questions, please contact Marcy. God bless and see you Sunday, July 26, 2020.
Thank you for allowing us to be on your journey towards Confirmation. At St. Patrick's we focus on immediate preparation for Confirmation. There are online classes, several collaboration classes and a collaborative retreat experience. It is a privilege to work with St. Angela Merici, Christ the Good Shepherd and St. Columba parishes throughout the process of Confirmation preparations. Additonally, we are honored to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Columba Cathedral with several other parishes of our Diocese.
The buttons below will be updated in early September to contain links for all documentation for Confirmation including: calendar, permanent record form and sponsor information. All paperwork is to be completed and returned to Marcy at the Rectory as soon as possible once the website is updated.
If you have any question, please call Marcy at 330-743-1109 or email her at
Youth must be in 8th grade or high school to be eligible for Confirmation preparation.
Youth should be attending Super Saturdays classes or Catholic School in addition to Confirmation classes through St. Patrick's.
Youth, sponsors and parents are expected to participate in St. Patrick's Online Google Classroom for Confirmation sessions. New posts will be added every two weeks with questions for discussion.
The Confirmation Retreat is a requirement. If you miss the retreat, you will be expected to make it up with another group.
If you are an adult seeking to celebrate the Sacrament, please call the parish office for information about Adult Confirmation.